5 Ways to Add Sizzle to Your 4th of July Entertaining
July 4th is perhaps the most patriotic of all holidays. Red, white and blue reign when it comes to color schemes, with flags and related items most likely the chief items of décor. However, once again here at Way2Finds we like to add a bit of a twist. So here’s our top five ideas to add sizzle to your July 4th celebration.
1) Change the color scheme. This doesn’t mean abandoning the standard holiday colors altogether but rather redefining by shifting the spectrum. Moving towards more of a sky blue, even turquoise, and embracing rose hues instead of the standard red can add pizzazz while still maintaining the patriotic feel.Photography from www.highheelstohotwheels.com. Photography from www.everythingfab.com.
2) Express your artistic side when creating place settings. Yes, the American flag may be the star of the holiday but you can still introduce other patterns, colors and textures into your decorating scheme. These can make an already enjoyable holiday feel even more festive and fun.Photography from www.HGTV.com. Photography from www.SouthernLiving.com.
3) Make lighting a key element of your décor. This includes stringing lights around your party area, as well as incorporating them directly into your table setting, such as the use of lanterns shown below.Photography by www.Atelierisabey.com.
4) Incorporate nautical touches. Nautical is a big trend in home furnishings these days, and it can integrate seamlessly into your 4th of July entertaining. An easy way to incorporate this is with something as simple as using a slipknot as a useful table decoration, or create these clever placeholders.Photography by www.JustDestinyMag.com. Photography from ConfettiSunshine.com.
This banner takes the nautical theme to the next level, but still with a patriotic flair.Photography from www.decoist.com.
5) Have fun! It’s a holiday, so have fun with your decorating. For example, pails, of all shapes and sizes, can be used in multiple ways. Larger ones can be used to hold small flags, or sparklers, for just two examples. Even smaller ones, though, can be put to good use as shown in the photo below.Photography from www.Epicurious.com.
Also consider using children’s toys as a décor element.Photography from www.HouseandGarden.com.
Whatever ways you and your family and friends chose to celebrate the holiday, here’s wishing you a happy, safe and memory-filled July 4th. (Share your own Independence Day entertaining ideas with us on Instagram, using hashtag #Way2FindsCelebrates.)comments powered by Disqus